Music Week Awards 2020
Music Venue Trust is delighted to partner with Music Week on the 2020 Grassroots Music Venue: Spirit of the Scene Award. This award is recognition for the whole sector, with one venue being chosen each year that really encapsulates what the GMV sector is all about. The first three winners, Brudenell Social Club, Boileroom and Sneaky Pete’s, are all standard bearers for the Grassroots movement and we now need your help with nominations for 2020.
Grassroots Venue: Spirit of the Scene Award Entry Criteria
Who is eligible for this award?
Any Grassroots Venue with a capacity of less than 500, located in the UK. For this category we are looking for nominations from others, as well as entries from venues themselves.
Nominations must address the following criteria:
- Which venue are you nominating?
- Where is this venue?
- What inspires you about the venue that you are nominating? (max length 250 words)
- How has this venue contributed to the music industry in the last year? (1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019) (max length 250 words)
- Innovation – please describe any innovative activity or events that this venue has undertaken in the last year (max length 250 words)
- Community contribution: how has this venue contributed to its local community over the course of the last year? (max length 250 words)
To nominate a venue, click here: musicweekawards.com
Please note that once the shortlist for this category has been finalised the winner will be decided by a public vote.
Entry deadline: 6pm on January 15, 2020
Shortlist announced: February 2020
Awards Ceremony: May 6, 2020
You can find out more about this year’s Awards at musicweekawards.com